Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Treasure

Remember the photos of Chris' day out at the park? I took my favorite one from the entire selection and here is the layout:

I enlarged the original photo to an 8" x 10" photo - it's pretty big! I usually don't print my photos for a layout bigger than 5" x 7", but for this particular page, I wanted the picture to be the main focus instead of the embellishments. I also wanted to make use of the overall space on the paper. I used a lot of fun buttons and enjoyed all the layering of the buttons and florals!

I love the Heidi Swapp stamp 'Treasure'. She has so many great stamps, it's hard to decide exactly which one to use!

For one of the smaller journaling tags, I tucked about 1/4" of it underneath the photo - just a different look, I thought.



Enjoy! I've been asked by some folks how I manage to blog and do everything else that I do with a very active 3-year-old running around....so I'll answer that question here.....I think, actually, I know...time management and multi-tasking have so much to do with it! Nothing really can be done during the day when my son is here at home. I take full advantage of doing chores and taking care of business when he is at school.

For my projects, I wait til night time when both of my men are asleep. That is MY time to do as I wish. It's when my brain sometimes works the best...funny, isn't it? The creative side of my brain turns on and I just do what it tells me...lol. Normally, I will finish one project at night.

I will wait until morning to take my photo. That is the best time because all the sun's rays and natural light come into the house at the early hours between 7 and 9 a.m. After I'm done with my photos, I then make my entire post.

However, there are occasions where if I feel I have an especially long post to make, then after I finish my project at night, I will type my text first to save some time in the morning....hence, if you see a time stamp of 12:30 or 1:30 a.m. - I actually am typing at those hours. Then in the morning, I just have to do my photo - saves so much time, believe me! I get to stay up much later on the weekends, but I try to limit how late I stay up on school nights. And that's the whole blogging process that I go through!



Here are all the materials used in this layout:


Stamp: Heidi Swapp.

Buttons and blossoms, animal cracker buttons, glitter die-cuts, glitter clears, pink journaling tag, vintage trinket pin, and large pebble clip by Making Memories and Noteworthy.

Paper: Creative Imaginations.

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black.

Allison Connors large floral brad.

Light green adhesive gems by K & Company.

Loopy Love by Doodlebug Designs.



No comments: