Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Sister's Birthday....A Gift Box....and even some Dim Sum

Wow....my blog has been a little quiet these past couple of days....it's been feverishly hectic the past 2 days, I can't even begin to tell you all that has happened, but things are starting to calm down a bit, yeah! I've been dealing with a somewhat hyperactive child, more so than usual! I mean, Chris has been really active lately...don't know why?! Is it a phase? Am I giving him too much sugar this week? lol. Anyhow, and also I've been dealing with a leaking refrigerator and just busy everyday stuff that has kept me away from blogging.


Today, however, is my older sister's birthday...wahhoooo! Happy Birthday Sis! I made her this cute little gable gift box last night. I had to leave really early this morning so I actually took all of these photos out on the road - all the photos you see today....lol...I rarely take pics of my projects outside of the house, so it was an exciting little diversion! I took the shot of the gift box right in my car, came out pretty good:


I'm really getting into using these fun decorative pins as an accessory, I also handwrote the word 'Love' with light lavendar ink onto the tiny tag attached to the pin:

Here is a close-up of the sentiment:

This morning after dropping off Chris at the school, I took some quick photos of him since I had the camera with me, he's so silly:

Immediately afterwards, I jetted down to a local Vietnamese Dim Sum restaurant to meet up with my sister for a birthday breakfast....yummy, and also to give her the gift...the food, it was sooo delish! I haven't had dimsum in a while and I hadn't been around that area for years, literally...and I don't live all that far away from it either! We had some good eats, and ofcourse lots of conversation. We stopped by a local bakery and just glazed over all the delicious cakes, puddings, and jellos. It was nice to spend a little time with my sis because I don't think we ever get to do that!

Here are some pics of the dim sum. Doesn't this look good, nothing like fresh bread, sweet with a touch of sugar:

I love these egg custards!

My sister is way too creative with her dim sum veggies and green pepper slices:

After breakfast, we parted ways and I told her to truly enjoy her day! I hope she did instead of going home and cleaning the house like she said she would. :) It was a really fun and out-of-routine morning! I should do it more often!


Here are all the materials used for the gift box:

Paper: Bazzill Basic, white cardstock.

Inks: Lavendar.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Women of Life collection and Lizzie Anne Designs.

Florals: Making Memories, Prima.

Accessories: Trinket pin, felt floral, and brad by Making Memories. Prima's say it with crystals. Giga scallop oval punch, hole piercer, purple ribbon, plain white gable box, Black Ink's green leaves.


Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!



No comments: