Monday, May 12, 2008

Remember what makes me happy...

First of all, I just wanted to say a little prayer to all the victims who are suffering all these world-wide tragedies as of late...the earthquake in China this morning and the cyclone in Myanmar...really such a tragedy and sadness for the families. Our hearts must go out to them at this time....be blessed and thankful for all that you have, all your family, loved ones, friends....your health and your safety....I'm thankful everyday.


I made and finished this scrap book page of Chris this morning but am just posting it now, remember the picture of him on the swing at school? So here he is embedded forever in this landscape:

You know, I love pink! I mean, really, really love this color! I use it for so many projects, yet when it comes to a scrap book layout of Chris, it's hard....I struggle with the idea of using any kind of pink when it involves Chris...but somehow I find if I play around with my colors, they can blend in pretty well. So, for this layout I combined very light pink with black damask, and a small inkling of bright green for a bit of contrast. I thought it turned out nicely!


Here is a close-up of the sentiment, love those huge alpha letters:


Materials used include:


Making Memories: Audrey Scallop Circle, Black and White Basics, chipboard buttons, Black and White Basics Jigsaw Shapes.

Doodlebug Designs: Loopy Love alpha letters.

K & Company: Pearl adhesive gems.

Florals by Prima.

Hope you enjoy it, it was a very different and unique style for me to work with!



No comments: