Friday, May 30, 2008

Personalized Memory Album

I finally got to play with my new memory album from Noteworthy....yay...it was so much fun...every girl should definitely have one of these:

This is an 8" x 8" album that I thought I would simply decorate as a keepsake for myself. I really don't have a hard back memory book in which I can store some of my smaller arts and crafts projects - just the little things that I don't have anywhere else to store! So this album makes it perfect for all the accessories that I have.

The color scheme for this album consists of pink, aqua, and chocolate. I detailed it with some of my favorite things like butterflies, flowers, an asian inspired fan, some stamping, and lots of crystals to add a little spice and glitter! For the asian fan, I took a very small paper flower and folded it into 4's. I then tucked it underneath the fan and then adhered the crystal on top. Cute!

Here are some more photos at different angles:



When I was all finished with my album, I realized that I really liked the stamped image in the center window. So I decided to make a card out of the same image. I duplicated the tree branch and florals and made this:

Very simple...I love the soft and elegant look of this card. I stamped a 'friends always' sentiment and tied a chocolate ribbon at the top. I also adhered some pink lace to the edges of the left and right hand side of the card. A different touch. So the card was definitely a nice surprise...I never intended to make a card!


Products used include:

Memory Album by Noteworthy - Plain.

Papers: Love spell and chocolate truffle by Doodlebug Designs. White and cream cardstock.

Inks: Versafine vintage sepia and pink.

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs.

Crystals, buttons, and florals by Prima and Making Memories.

Loopy love alpha letters by Doodlebug.

Aqua crystals by K & Company.

Light pink lace paper by Creative Imaginations.

Chocolate ribbon by SEI.


Have a terrific day! It's almost the weekend..yay!



No comments: