Saturday, April 26, 2008

More fun Mother's Day Ideas...

I was dying to work with these scalloped, heart-shaped chipboards:

I was just too excited when I got them and was finally able to play around with them! Aren't they just adorable? They are from Making Memories. They are white, 8" scalloped, heart-shaped boards that you can decorate pretty much any way you want! Keisha Campbell uses a lot of these for her projects. Check out her website on my blog roll to the left hand side. She has done some great stuff with these chipboards. I thought I would have a knack at them today and see what I could come up with! I love some of the details on them, especially the vintage pins that I sliced through each ribbon. Loving those pins, too cute!

I had so much fun with the first one, that I decided to do another one! This one is pink for all mommy's out there who adore pink:


And then I made this one kind of for me:

I thought it would be fun to make a little something that I could either hang in my room or in the kitchen, and every-once-in-a-while, like if I have a bad day, or if some days are just simply more frustrating than another, I can look at these boards, and just remind myself, that hey - I'm a mom now, and that things aren't always as bad as it seems. Being a mom, I need to remind myself, that yes, I will have tough days...that's just a fact....it's our jobs, it's something I have to do....parenting is difficult, you're learning all the time. I need to be understanding at all times, have the patience, and the love that it takes to be strong and do everything that is required of me! The picture inside the frame was taken, I remember, exactly on Mother's Day at a Chinese Restaurant about 6 months after I gave birth to Christopher - May 2005. How coincidental that I picked that photo...I remember that day all the moms gathered there with the rest of our family. I still had a lot of weight gain from having the baby and my face was still a little puffy. It was my first hair cut after the birth - I had really long hair and then chopped it up to my neck. It's gotten shorter and shorter since...lol. Very memorable Mother's Day outing!

I really love how all of my 'be still my heart' boards turned out. Loving them! Here are all the materials I used for all 3 hearts.


Making Memories: Floral Chipboards and tags, flowers, buttons, brads, metal eyelet letters, scalloped heart, decoupage metal frame, vintage trinket pins, kids floral button.

Paper: White laced and Chick-a-Dee Pink (I used the back side of this one).

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs and Papertrey Ink.

Ink: Versafine Onyx black.

Ribbon: Michaels store.

Enjoy!




No comments: