Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chick-a-doo fun!

I'm loving Spring - it's a great excuse for me to experiment with brand new papers, ribbons, brand new everything....especially this fun little birdie and floral design called Chick-a-Doo:

I love the aqua and green color scheme. Click on the images for a more detailed look at the papers, it's really gorgeous! On the card, I wanted to do something different as far as finding a floral for the stem. So I cut out a heart-shaped floral from a white doily! Isn't it cute? I would have never thought of that....I cut my own stem using the backside of the Chick-a-doo paper and tied coordinating grass green ribbon around the stems to make it appear as the leaves.

For the round jewelry box, I used the same paper to wrap around the box and a different paper from Daisy Bucket Designs for the top of the lid. I'm in love with that ribbon with all the little chicks streaming across - too cute. This has gotta be one of my favorite NEW lines of paper and embellishments. :) The finishing touch was a bird stamp from LAD's L'amour collection.
Enjoy and have a wonderful day, as always!
Material used:
Papers: Doodlebug Designs, Chick-a-Doo by SEI, and Daisy Bucket Designs.
Inks: Medium Cyan.
Stamp: Lizzie Anne Designs.
Ribbons: Chick-a-Doo by SEI.
Accessories: White, heart shaped doily, large scallop punch, large scallop scissors.

No comments: