Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Blooming Flowers

It sure is not a sunny day here in Southern California this morning - nonetheless, I feel very springy and sunshiney today! Last night I was able to make two cards using 2 different sets of stamps:

The card above I made specifically for someone who requested it for their daughter-in-law...phew...I'm glad it is not for my own daughter-in-law - I don't think I have to worry about that for a very long time...hopefully Christopher won't be ready for that until about 20+ years down the road....Anyhow, I got to play with my new stamp set from Papertrey Ink entitled 'Women of Life'. This set includes various stamps with sentiments of all the special women in your life such as mom, sister, sister-in-law, aunt, grandmother, etc. It's a great way to truly personalize for an individual in your family. It's so perfect to express exactly what you want to say and to whom the recipient will be.

I also used the branch stamp and tiny flower stamp from Lizzie Anne Designs' Far East collection. That branch is so beautiful up close! And this set is so versatile with all the little floral add ons for the branch.

For the card below, I used only the floral stamps from PaperTrey, aren't the flowers awesome looking? The blue really pops and I love how the yellow adhesive gems make the perfect centerpiece for each floral. I love the tiny little swirly branch too.


Tools used:

Paper: K & Company.
Inks: Chocolate, Onyx Black, and Cyan.
Ribbon: White and Yellow Polka Dots, and White and Tangerine Polka Dots.
Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs and Papertrey Ink.
Accessories: Medium scalloped punch, medium circle punch, bumblebee gems from Doodlebug Designs.

No comments: