Monday, March 31, 2008

A sneak peek at what I have planned for Mother's Day!

I know, I must be crazy...it isn't even April yet, and I'm already thinking about Mother's Day....still not too early to think and plan for it though, it will be here before you know it, and this year, I have so many friends and families birthdays coming up that are immersed in-between the Mother's Day holiday - that I just wanted to get a little jump start with all the ideas that are stirring inside my head!! I'm way, way invigorated just for everything that is to come in the next few months - I can't withstand all the excitement....

Below is just a sample that is part of a bigger package that I'm making - could also be part of a new banner too *wink wink*. I found this beautiful lavendar vase and silk flowers at Michaels. And you really don't know how hard I looked for this vase. It had to be the perfect shade of purple and this cute little vase is only about 5 inches tall with the tiniest rim at the top, so perfect for inserting and arranging only a small amount of stemmed florals.

Here's a close-up of the scalloped tag that I made using a stamp from Lizzie Anne Designs. I used my Versafine black ink for the stamping, and an oval scalloped and medium sized oval punch. A very simple, white satin ribbon ties the tag to the vase beautifully.

It is very simple and looks great, I plan on making a whole bunch more with different sentiments and color schemes. I'll be posting some more ideas a little later on, don't want to show too much now and give it all away...lol. I've got some birthday cards to make now.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: