Sunday, March 30, 2008

His visit to a 'toddler' friendly library...

...lol! As a mother of a young toddler, and most moms out there will agree with me, it's a challenge to always find new and exciting places for your toddler to visit and roam about. They get bored easily and are always wanting more things to do and experience - so it's really our jobs to find that for them! lol! Up until now, I've hesitate to take him to a library - a sanctuary for many - because he was so young, very restless and makes a lot of noise - he STILL makes a lot of noise now.

But there is this one library that is close to my brother's house and it's brand new....has a special area that is dedicated to very little ones like Chris....has lots of toys and learning tools, state-of-the art computers and tiny little tables and chairs for their cute little bodies. There are comfy, childrens themed beanie chairs and bags for them to sit in, enjoy, and read some books! There are activities for the parents to enjoy with the kids such as designated story times during the week, and arts & crafts hours. Hey, maybe I can sign up for that one just for me..lol!

He liked it and got to experience some fun but is not totally ready to experience the complete quality time that some older kids have with their parents in that children's section. It will take some time before he will really sit down and immerse himself in all the books that are offered there! He loves books and reading so I know he will get into it very soon!

It's going to be another busy and active day with the family today and then back to school for little Chris tomorrow! I will post something tomorrow that I worked on last night. Just a little sneak peek at what's coming up in the next few months. A whole bunch of ideas that I have going on inside my little head. A lot of birthday ideas - I have a ton of birthdays in my family that I want to get prepared for and also Mother's Day too, it's just around the corner!

No comments: